3. How do we protect your personal data?
We employ a number of different security and privacy controls to protect your data and to comply with applicable data protection laws. Despite the security measures employed by us, you should be aware that it is impossible to guarantee absolute security with respect to information sent through the internet.
If we confirm that your personal data has been subject to a data breach, we will follow applicable data breach notification laws.
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal data collected is the minimum necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
4. Who do we share your personal data with?
We do not sell or rent your personal data. We only share your data in accordance with this Privacy Notice, and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
We may share your personal data:
- with any affiliate or subsidiary of, and any company owned and controlled by ResMed.
- if some or all of the business of ResMed is transferred to another entity by way of merger, sale of its assets or otherwise.
- if we are required to do so by law.
- with your healthcare or homecare provider, if you are an end user of our products and services.
- with any recruitment agency you have worked with to apply for a role with us.
We may share your personal data in limited circumstances in a controlled and secure manner, with such third-party data processors and service providers that we engage to provide aspects of our services on our behalf. These data processors and service providers are contractually required to keep your personal data confidential and to use your personal data for the sole purpose of performing the services we have engaged them to provide. They may not use your personal data for any other purpose. Depending on your country of residence, we use third-party data processors and service providers for:
- data processing and hosting.
- customer service.
- sleep testing and to assist you to manage your health conditions.
- order fulfilment (including shipment and payment).
- technical support.
- conducting analyses, surveys and research (including market research) to enhance existing, and develop new products and services.
5. Where is your personal data currently hosted and processed?
To provide our products and services, your personal data may need to be accessed from or transferred to locations outside the jurisdiction in which you provide it, including, including Australia, New Zealand, Japan, India, Malaysia, Singapore, the European Union, Canada and the United States of America. Please see ‘Who do we share your personal data with’ for more detail on how your personal data may be shared with other ResMed entities and third party service providers.
If your personal data is accessed from or transferred to locations outside the jurisdiction in which you provide it, we will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data remains protected and secure and otherwise comply with applicable data protection laws.
Transfer of data between ResMed entities is covered by European Union standard contractual clauses that are in place between all ResMed entities that share and process personal data.
6. On what basis do we use your personal data?
We use your personal information on the following bases:
- to perform a contract, such as providing you with the products and services you purchased.
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or proceedings.
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
- For legitimate business purposes.
- with your consent.
7. How long will we retain your personal data?
We will retain your personal data for:
- as long as we are required to do so under the laws regarding medical data and financial record retention.
- the limitation period for taking legal action.
- good practice.
- our business purposes.
8. What are your personal data rights?
Applicable data protection laws provide certain rights for data subjects.
You are entitled to request details of the personal data we hold about you and how we process it. You may also have the right in accordance with applicable data protection law to:
- have it rectified or deleted.
- restrict our processing of your personal data.
- stop unauthorised transfers of your personal data to a third party.
- to have personal data relating to you transferred to another organisation, in some circumstances.
If you object to the processing of your personal data, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
Your objection (or withdrawal of any previously given consent) could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out above (see ‘How do we use your personal data’). You also may not be able to make use of the services and products offered by us.
Please note that even after you have withdrawn your consent we may be able to continue to process your personal data to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular in connection with exercising and defending our legal rights or meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
We must ensure that your personal data is accurate and up to date. Therefore, please advise us of any changes to your personal data by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your rights are not absolute and we will assess them on your request.
If you have an account with us, you may be able to self-serve some of these data requests such as updating or correcting your personal data when you visit your user profile on our website. Otherwise, you can send us your request by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you wish to make a complaint about a breach of your privacy, you can contact us by mail at the following address:
1 Elizabeth Macarthur Drive
Bella Vista NSW 2153
You may also have the right to lodge a complaint in relation to our processing of your personal data with a local supervisory authority.
9. Personal data from children
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children. Our website and services are not intended for, or directed to, children. If you are under 13 years of age or otherwise considered a minor under the laws of your country of residence, then please do not use or access our website or services at any time or in any manner.
If a parent or legal guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal data without appropriate consent, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we confirm that a user is a minor and has provided us with personal data, we will delete such personal data from our databases.
10. Links to other sites
For your convenience, our website, applications and other communications may from time to time include links to third-party sites whose information practices may differ from ours. You should consult the other sites' privacy policies, as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
11. ResMed companies in the Asia Pacific region
- ResMed Asia Pacific Ltd (ABN 86 070 076 470) of 1 Elizabeth Macarthur Drive, Bella Vista, New South Wales, 2153, Australia.
- ResMed Pty Ltd (ABN 30 003 765 142) of 1 Elizabeth Macarthur Drive, Bella Vista, New South Wales, 2153, Australia.
- ResMed Korea Ltd (Company Registration Number 110114-0118685) of 10th floor, 15 Teheran-Ro 84-Gil, Gangnam-Gu, Seoul, 06179, Republic of Korea.
- ResMed Asia (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (Company Registration Number 0105561124454) of 4, 4/5, ZEN@ZEN World Tower, Level 12, Rajdamari Road, Pathumwan Sub-district, Pathumwan District, Bangkok, 10330 Thailand.
- ResMed Asia Pte. Ltd. (UEN 201816214N) of 8 Loyang Crescent, #05-01, Singapore 509016.
- ResMed (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. (Company Registration Number 447062 W) of Level 11, 1 Sentral Jalan Rakyat, Kuala Lumpur Sentral,50470 Kuala Lumpur.
- ResMed Malaysia Operations Sdn. Bhd. (Company Registration Number 945344-K) of Level 11, 1 Sentral, Jalan Rakyat, Kuala Lumpur Sentral 50470, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- ResMed Hong Kong Limited (Company Registration Number 829437) of 31/F., 148 Electric Road, North Point, Hong Kong.
- ResMed Taiwan Co. Ltd. (Company Registration Number 54151953 of 4F-6 No.9 Sec. 2 Beitou Rd, Beitou District, Taipei City 112, Taiwan (R.O.C).
- ResMed KK (Company Registration Number 5010001070598) of 3-2-4 Iwamotocho, Chiyoda-Ku, Tokyo, Japan.
- ResMed (Beijing) Medical Device Co., Ltd. (China Unified Social Credit Code 91110105799004749A) of RM 1201-1, 12th Floor, NO. 12, Taiyanggong Middle rd, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China, 100028.
- Curative (Beijing) Medical Technology Co., Ltd. (China Unified Social Credit Code: 91110105678753014U) of RM 1201-2, 12th Floor, NO. 12, Taiyanggong Middle rd, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China, 100028.
- Suzhou Curative Medical Technology Co., Ltd. (China Unified Social Credit Code: 91320505682171578F) of No.9 Pei Yuan Road, Science And Technology City, New District, Suzhou, Jiangsu province, China, 215163.